Young At Art Children's Museum (YAA), Davie
751 SW 121 St Ave. Davie, FL 33325
Young Art Museum is 2 1/2 miles south of I-595 on the west side.
Parking: There is a big parking lot near the facility and it's free
Children (ages 1 & up): $12
Mon-Thu 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Fri-Sat 10 a.m. - 6:00 p.m., Sun 11 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Annual Membership Prices check here
Young At Art is a wonderful museum. At the entrance, you are greeted by 12 feet tall letters spelling "I LOVE YOU" that is a perfect spot for taking pictures. My 3 year old was very excited playing at the outdoor playground, climbing the maze, and digging in the sandbox. I really recommend this place to everyone with kids. We bought the annual membership ($135 for 2 adults and 2 children) since it is more convenient that way.
1) Wonder Scapes: This environment is based on Alice in Wonderland and all the activities are oriented for children under 4. There are pretend play areas, an interactive water table and a toddler outdoor playground.
2) Art Scapes: Kids can work on many art projects. The highlights in this exhibit are the cave, the sandbox and the computers
3) Green Scapes: a space to make conscious about environmental issues. The main attraction here is the "STOMP" where kids and adults can make music from discarded objects.
4) Culture Scapes: This section shows how art is influenced by culture and traditions. Children can pretend visit countries like Mexico, Japan, Africa and stamp a passport for each country they visit. The main attraction is the huge making waves climbing maze.
In addition, this place hosts art programs, camps, field trips and birthday parties. See Young Art Museum website for details
- It is not as crowded as the Miami Children's Museum
- The place itself is amazing. Extremely fun and educational for children
- The facility is very clean and well maintained
- There are so many activities to do that you could easily spend at least 3 hours
- Aside from the museum, there is a County Library open the same hours where you can borrow books, movies and WII games with the Broward Library Card
- One time visits are a little bit pricey
- There aren't too many activities for older children (5-10 year)
- If you are planning on staying several hours, bring your own food because at "Toss up Salads Café" is overpriced and they don't have appealing options for kids
Beautiful spot for taking pictures and let your kids run free
WonderScapes Exhibit: Alice in Wonderland
WonderScapes Exhibit: Interactive Water Table
ArtScapes: The Cave
ArtScapes: The Sandbox
CultureScapes Exhibit: Making waves Climbing Maze